lookbook.nu link

LOOKBOOK.nu: collective fashion consciousness.

i put the 'art' in 'sartorial'

My photo
a critic surgically implanted with raised left eyebrow, sharp eyesight, delusional blurts and dishy perspectives. call me a conceited, conniving chic cow and i'll call you my favorite bitch.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

some things never change

a shoe fetishist. that's what i am. that's what i have been and what ill always be for the rest of my life. Andy Warhol once had a work featuring rows of used shoes in which he showcased the inevitable existence of a unique story of the shoes and their wearer. what a genius. i always thought only the Grimm brothers knew storytelling, but naah. Shoes do too. The stories they tell are stories of travel, of deceit, of countless sex with hot men.

the last one isn't that much of a truth.

well. i said such ghastly things because IT'S here! yaaaaay! the shoes I had a local shoemaker retouched for the sole purpose of gratifying one of my innermost needs:a penchant for people being envious of me. haha

kidding. i mean i had these shoes made for the purpose of getting worth out of the heaps of shoes i own and don't wear at all.

but first, the inspiration from Opening Ceremony

(photo from google images, www.thisnext.com)

and now my version of the cutout oxfords--
(drum roll)


now i have another piece of aduhrable footwear in my collection.


What an effin little Imelda.