lookbook.nu link

LOOKBOOK.nu: collective fashion consciousness.

i put the 'art' in 'sartorial'

My photo
a critic surgically implanted with raised left eyebrow, sharp eyesight, delusional blurts and dishy perspectives. call me a conceited, conniving chic cow and i'll call you my favorite bitch.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

like a beauty queen

(yes, this is what i feel like right now. a sourgraping beauty queen. thought of sharing with you freakos a poem i wrote, it's included in my capsule, er, shameless-self-promotion collection titled "Rak en Rol na Walang Asukal".)


The world according to a beauty queen


I reach for sequined stars

on skyscraper heels.

My knees are well-built

for tiptoeing hours

under the bright lights.

My hips are an investment

Nature made for me

so that straps would cling

gently and firmly

as I glide on droning drums.

My abdomen is an offspring

of water and crackers

as it churns painfully

under tons of foundation.

My breasts are sore, but joyful

of the fact that a beaded bra

represents them as it

shines into the night.

My neck is adorned

with a chandelier necklace

of broken glass

and aching of its weight.

My eyes are gray, wide open with lashes

reaching for the dark skies

as I punctuate each stride,

each sway,

with a full blast of smile.

The world is a stage

and I am an actress,

a love interest,

a beauty queen.